Finnish Actors Union
Finnish Actors Union is an independent organisation and the only organisation in Finland that promotes the interests of actors. Established in 1913, the union is the oldest theatre trade union in Finland. The vast majority (96%) of actors are part of the union.
Association for artists
- We participate in cultural policy debate.
- We influence culture funding and grants.
- We promote arts together with other associations in the culture sector in Finland and abroad.
- We make sure the voice of actors is heard in politics and key organisations in the sector.
- We collect and produce data to support decision-making.
- We promote and provide vocational education for actors.
- We promote a sense of community and opportunities for networking.
- We enhance the professional identity of actors.
- We defend actors’ livelihoods and terms of employment.
- We negotiate collective bargaining agreements and outline salary recommendations.
- We safeguard and promote intellectual property rights.
- We provide consultation for our members in contract negotiations.
- We promote opportunities for actors.
- We strive for better social security for actors.
- We arrange earnings-related unemployment insurance for our members.
- We assist our members in disputes and provide legal assistance.
- Our network of union representatives support our members.